vacuumdb exclude tables option? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Joel Stevenson
Subject vacuumdb exclude tables option?
Date
Re: vacuumdb exclude tables option?
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have a database that includes both highly transactional tables and
archive tables - OLTP and OLAP mixed together.  Some of the archival
tables, which only experience inserts and reads, not updates or
deletes, contain many millions of rows and so they take a *long* time
to vacuum.  Is there currently any means to exclude only these tables
from vacuumdb operations other than explicitly vacuuming all the
other tables and explicity skipping the archival tables?

If not, are there any plans to add a command line switch to vacuumdb
to exclude tables from it's operation, ala 'vacuumdb -d mytest -x
archive_tab1 -x archive_tab2 -x archive_tab3'?  I searched the list
archives but didn't see anything about being able to do this.
Something like this would save many hours of useless vacuuming in
this particular setup.

TIA,
Joel